This Code of Conduct and Ethics is a set of voluntary principles and guidelines that each Professional Organizer in Canada (POC) member agrees to adopt for the exercise of judgment, self-restraint and conscience.
- We will provide to all people truthful and accurate information with respect to professional performance of duties and completion of contracts. When unable or unqualified to fulfill requests for services, We will make every effort to recommend the service of other qualified organizers and/or other qualified professionals.
- We will have empathy for the client and the assignment by practicing positive interpersonal and communication skills.
- We will respect the confidential nature of the client’s information, and will use proprietary client information only with the client’s permission.
- We will maintain an objective manner to promote and encourage the highest level of conduct and ethics within the organizing profession.
- We will seek to deal with other POC members, professional colleagues, suppliers and employees in a fair and equitable manner, and maintain the highest standards of personal conduct to bring credit to the organizing profession.
- We will deal openly with those areas that may be deemed a conflict of interest.
- We will protect the public against fraud and unfair practices, and attempt to eliminate from POC all practices that bring discredit to the organizing profession.
- We will make a commitment to possess and increase the required knowledge, skills and training to be proficient and relevant in the provision of services.
- We will extend these same professional commitments to all those persons supervised or employed.
- We will strive for excellence in all aspects of the organizing profession.
If you feel that we have violated this code, you have the option of filing a formal complaint in compliance with the established procedure. In order to initiate this process, you may contact POC’s Executive Director.